Translate

Monday, 19 November 2012

Ecology

Psilocybin mushrooms can be found and grown in a variety of places. You can grow them in your house of you can find them in the wild. However, since there is a very wide variety of poisonous mushrooms it's much safer to buy a kit of their spores and grow them yourself. The most common places to find them in the wild are in cow and horse fields in tropical or subtropical states. Also in British Columbia they find it better to grow in cool, dark and damp areas. Psilocybin mushrooms are also known as magic mushrooms due to the effects that they have on people. When orally ingested it is broken down to produce psilocin, which is responsible for hallucinogenic effects. However these effects are unpredictable and can change with the dosage and the person taking them. The physical effects vary with the amount ingested but the ones usually experienced are: loss of appetite, coldness in extremities, increase of pulse rate, numbness of the mouth and adjacent features, nausea, elevated blood pressure, muscle relaxation, swollen features, yawning, weakness of limbs and dilated pupils. Not only can you be affected physically but sensory as well. Vision, speaking, and tactile sense changes may be noticed after about ten minutes. Colors and music become more vivid and complex, surfaces seem to shimmer, ripple, or even breathe. In some cases people begin to see and hear things that aren’t actually happening. Sensations of melting into the earth and seeing trails behind moving objects can occur as well. As for the emotional effects it really depends on the environment the person is in.